Wire and cable selection is a critical piece of electrical assembly design as it affects the safety, functionality, ease of use, and serviceability of the assembly. It is important to choose the right wire or cable for the voltage used in a machine for several reasons. Good quality wire and cables are required in the home. It is a necessity for every electrical installation and is mandatory to complete an electrical circuit. Low or bad-quality cables can lead to accidents and have various disadvantages. Wire thickness plays a big role in resistance, more resistance creates more heat, so the wrong gauge of wire can create potential safety and fire hazards.
Whether you want to build an electrical system for a new home or change it for existing premises you need to select the right type of wire or cables to ensure safety and durability.
When you are choosing wire for your home, go for copper wires. They are more stable and durable and perform better than aluminium wires. Besides, choose wires with multiple strands instead of single-strand wires. Multi-strand wires are more flexible and less susceptible to cracking than single stood wires.
Selecting quality wires & cables and proper installation of those cables is essential to having a long-lasting high performing electric application. By selecting high-quality, high-performance wire and cable products you can avoid downtime and constant replacement from damage or wear and keep your equipment and operation running smoothly
Follow these easy steps to select quality wires & cables for your home.
1) Select the high-quality material:- Electric wire or cables are made of both Aluminium and Copper. But when you are selecting wires for your home, you should always prefer copper wires only. Copper wires are favored over other materials because they are the better conductor of electricity. In addition, copper wires are cheap and readily available. Nowadays, most residential complexes and industries use electrolyte resistance and ductility.
2) Insulation of the wire:- Choose an electric wire that has three layers. Amongst the three layers, the first layer is for water resistance, the second is heat resistant or high temperature resistant, and the third layer is for fire resistance. Also, the highest temperature withstood by the insulation without melting should be 100° c. This factor is crucial to make your home’s electrical system safe and secure.
3) Color of the wire insulation:- Choose red, yellow and blue color insulation for the three phases. Black colored wire for natural and green for earth wire. Generally, three-phase wires are in black, red and blue and neutral is in grey or white. And the green wire is used for earthing.
4) The flexibility of the wire:- More annealed conductors make the wire flexible. A flexible cable is definitely better than a solidSelecting quality wires & cables and proper installation of that cables is essential to having a long-lasting high performing electric application. By selecting high-quality, high-performance wire and cable products you can avoid downtime and constant replacement from damage or wear and keep your equipment and operation running smoothly. cable. However, in most buildings, people still use solid conductor wires. The flexible wires are electrician friendly and easy to lay in conduit. Electricians can complete the task with more efficiency with cables flexible to bend, turn and lay according to the design of the systems. The flexible wire has more numbers of an annealed conductors when compared to traditional solid wires. Therefore, it offers more flexibility and more minor damage to the wire.
5) Select the correct size of cables:- Three factors contribute to the selection of wire size . First is voltage regulation, second, is short circuit rating, and third is current carrying capacity. These factors should be considered before choosing cable size. Usually, short circuit rating and voltage regulation factors are overlooked. This overlooking can result in damage of the cable itself.
You should always go for the branded electrical items that offer ultimate safety and quality. These wires and cables should be flame resistant wire, flame retardant wire and fireproof wire.
Conclusion:- As you are investing a huge amount of money in electrical wires and cables for your home. It is advisable to select the right type of wire for the right location. If you are looking for quality wire & cables for your home, GM Modular offers high-level quality wire for your home. Wires are specifically designed to meet your specifications. Visit our website now to get the GM Modular’s high-quality wires & cables for your home electrical system.
GM Modular at Elektrotec 2019, Coimbatore. We displayed innovative and impressive products in home electrical category at Elektrotec 2019, Coimbatore. The exhibition was organised by CODISSIA Intec Technology Centre in association with EIEWA &Read More
GM at Aces of Space Design Awards 2019. GM associates with Aces of Space Design Awards 2019 by Architect & Interiors India, the most extensive awards to recognize the contribution and success of the architecture and design industry. Read More
Gone are the days when people actually downloaded the songs from the web, which has now been taken over by a variety of music apps. The world is still evolving a lot digitally. Everything is processed online, be it your regular TV shows or movies - tRead More
If anyone is asked what home means to them, the answers will always be something along the lines of a safe haven or a comfort zone. But what truly makes it a special place is that cozy feeling one gets where everything is just within arm’s reacRead More