Fans are an important part of our house. Every house in every corner of this world has different types of fans in their homes such as ceiling fans, table fans, kitchen exhaust fans, wall-mounted fans bathroom exhaust fans, and ventilation fans. Fans are used to circulate air in rooms and buildings, for cooling motors and transmission, for cooling and drying people, materials, or products, for exhausting dust and noxious fumes for conveying light materials, for the forced draft in steam boilers, and in heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems.
1) Ceiling fans:- A ceiling fan is a fan mounted on the ceiling of a room or space, usually electrically powered, that uses hub-mounted rotating blades to circulate air. They cool people effectively by increasing airspeed. Our latest collection of designer ceiling fans is sure to complement your home
2) Table fan:- It is one of the common electric appliances used in houses, offices, shops, and business establishments to provide air circulation and to cool down temperatures. The fan circulates the air, which enhances the evaporation rate of sweat from the body, due to which the body is cooled.
3) Exhaust fan:- Exhaust fans pull odours, fumes, and moisture from an area of the home, venting them outdoors for removal. The fan uses a motor to turn its blades, which function to pull air out of the space. The stale, humid, or contaminated air is propelled through the exhaust vent, exiting the home.
Choosing the right fan for your home is very important. Here is the ultimate guide to choosing the right fan for your home.
1) Where you are planning to place the fan:- For choosing the right fan for your home, it is very important to know where you planning on placing the fan because each location in your home has its own unique weather elements If you are buying a fan for your dining room space you should consider a designer fan. But it is imperative to consider the size of your space in which you will hang your fan with the ceiling as you will want one that has enough capability to cool the space. To be accurate with the approximation, you can use a measuring tape or a meter stick to calculate the room dimensions and accordingly choose the blade size making enough sweep.
2) Select the best quality fan:- The material you choose for your fan will make a lot of difference. Today fans are made from various materials like steel, plastic, wood, and even glass-filled ABS that impact extra strength to the blades, making them bend-proof, rust-proof, attracting less dust, and easy to clean.
3) Delivery of air not noise:- You should select a fan that circulates air properly and does not make too much noise. Airflow is the volume of air produced by the fan measured by time. The airflow of a fan can be measured in cubic meters per minute or CFM, commonly understood as the amount of airflow or air delivery a fan can produce per minute. When speaking about ventilation heating and cooling, CFM is a very known form of measurement. At GM Modular we have premium fans which circulate proper air in your home and are completely noise free.
4) Energy Efficient: - With the increase of electric appliances in our houses the cost of electricity is also increasing and smart consumers these days seek ways to improve energy efficiency to save a bit extra. If you want to beat the heat but keep the utility bills in check you can opt for ceiling fans with BLDC(Brushless Direct Motor Current) technology which provides a significant 50% reduction in energy consumption.
5) Hanging Height of the Fan:- Ideally, the down rod length is 3 inches to 6 inches, but people can purchase the longer length ones. Ceiling fans should always be mounted 7 feet above the floor to avoid any mishaps while walking or carrying tall objects. If the ceiling height is very high and the fan is mounted with a small rod, then the airflow will not be distributed evenly at all and it will also consume more energy.
Browse our GM Modular Fans collection for best quality fans.
GM Modular at Elektrotec 2019, Coimbatore. We displayed innovative and impressive products in home electrical category at Elektrotec 2019, Coimbatore. The exhibition was organised by CODISSIA Intec Technology Centre in association with EIEWA &Read More
GM at Aces of Space Design Awards 2019. GM associates with Aces of Space Design Awards 2019 by Architect & Interiors India, the most extensive awards to recognize the contribution and success of the architecture and design industry. Read More
Gone are the days when people actually downloaded the songs from the web, which has now been taken over by a variety of music apps. The world is still evolving a lot digitally. Everything is processed online, be it your regular TV shows or movies - tRead More
If anyone is asked what home means to them, the answers will always be something along the lines of a safe haven or a comfort zone. But what truly makes it a special place is that cozy feeling one gets where everything is just within arm’s reacRead More